Goldboro LNG will include a natural gas liquefaction plant and facilities for the storage and export of LNG, including a marine jetty for loading. The facility is anticipated to produce approximately ten million metric tonnes of LNG per year and have on-site storage capacity of 690,000 cubic metres of LNG.
The facility is located adjacent to the Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline, a 1,400-kilometre transmission pipeline system built to transport natural gas between developments in Nova Scotia, Atlantic Canada and the northeastern United States.
- Send-out Capacity: Up to 10 million tonnes/year
- Max LNG Carrier Capacity: 125,000 – 263,000 m3
- Storage Tanks: 3 x 230,000 m3
- Shipments Expected: 7-13 shipments/month
- Other Project Components: Access road / berthing for tug boats / construction jetty
- Commercial Operations Begin: 2022
- Capital Expenditures: ~ US$5.0- 10 billion