Goldboro LNG will create significant direct and indirect economic benefits for the community, region and province, and the natural gas industry.
Regional Economic Benefits
- Jobs and training in the community and the region
- Construction phase: up to 3,500 jobs at Goldboro site
- Ongoing operation and maintenance: up to 200 positions
- Opportunities for sub-contracts, manufacture and supply of equipment
- Use of local personnel, goods and services
- Diversification of local economy
- General community initiatives such as education, arts and culture projects
- Increased municipal and provincial tax revenue
Regional Energy Resource Development
The development of Goldboro LNG in Nova Scotia will create:
- A supplemental export market for natural gas
- Additional government royalty revenue
- A major boost to the Nova Scotian and regional economy
All of these create an opportunity for the energy industry to develop additional natural gas energy.