Goldboro LNG will create significant direct and indirect economic benefits for the local community, province and region, and the natural gas industry in Eastern Canada and the United States.
Regional Economic Benefits
- Jobs and training in the community and the region
- Construction phase: up to 3,500 jobs at Goldboro site
- Ongoing operation and maintenance: up to 200 positions
- Opportunities for sub-contracts, manufacture and supply of equipment
- Use of local personnel, goods and services
- Diversification of local economy
- General community initiatives such as education, arts and culture projects
- Increased municipal and provincial tax revenue
Regional Energy Resource Development
The development of Goldboro LNG in Nova Scotia will create:
- A supplemental export market for natural gas that is not currently available
- Additional government royalty revenue from increased gas sales
- A major boost to the Nova Scotian and regional economy, resulting in enhanced employment and direct and indirect economic benefits to the local community
All of these create an opportunity for the energy industry to develop additional natural gas energy resources and advance the industry throughout the region.